Tuesday, May 21, 2013

High Maintenance

While his siblings have taken steps forward, Eli has taken steps back. He has been very whiny lately, always wanting something. This is not looking good for kindergarten.

Saturday was a rotten day. I had spent most of the weekend fulfilling his requests, which made me crabby. I went outside to mow, let him know and told him to come get me if he needed something. He came outside and played. Then he decided he wanted to play in the sprinkler. I told him he had to wait until I finished mowing. He tried to wait, but got antsy, so when the gas ran out, I gave in. Tori and he went inside to change. Little did I know he was tromping up the stairs and on his nearly new carpet with muddy shoes. They came out, I set up the sprinkler and left them to it. Midway through weeding, I hear him screaming. I went around back and found him with a bloody nose and screaming he couldn’t do anything. I am dirty and tired, so I picked him up and took him inside. I washed him down, got him a snack and went upstairs for clothes. That’s when I found the muddy mess. Ughhhh!

I lost my temper, dressed him and told him to stay inside until I finished the yard. Lucky for all of us, Huts came home and cleaned up some of the mess, while I scrubbed up the footprints. I finally got back outside and finished all of that. Then, feeling like a heel, I came in and explained to Eli about not going upstairs with dirty shoes on. We’re pals again, but he is still clingy and whiny. I am not sure what this phase is, but it is killing me and Huts. Let’s hope Eli is better for his grandparents in a few weeks.

No comments: